Baby Chicks!




Here's a few quick pics of my new flock!  These were snapshots shortly after I brought in the second batch.  I'm sure there will be many more and many better quality pictures in the future.  For the record, here's a list of what I've got:

The Surviving "My Pet Chicken" Chicks
3 Easter Eggers
2 Campines
1 Barred Rock
1 Rhode Island Red

Chicks from Houle's
3 "Silkies"
3 Rhode Island Reds
3 Barred Rocks
2 Buff Orpingtons
2 White Crested Black Polish

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had reserved three Silkies from a shipment coming to Houle's.  This is a batch of straight-line chicks, so no guarantee of sex, and as I found out when I got there, there is really no guarantee of breed since the lot is designated as "fluffy foot" chicks - so could be Silkies or quite a few other things.  I'm quite sure that of the three, only one is really a Silkie and the other two are something else.  I could be wrong, but time will tell.





No comments:

Post a Comment